- 4-5 pound boneless double pork loin roast pork, rolled and tied
- 1/4 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper , chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 10-oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- Untie roast and set aside. For stuffing, in skillet cook mushrooms, onion and red pepper in hot oil till onion is tender. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spread stuffing over one loin to within one inch of edges. Top with remaining loin. Tie securely with string. Place roast in shallow roasting pan.
- Roast in a 350 degree F. oven for 1 1/4-1 1/2 hours, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 15 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 118 milligrams
Cholesterol: 66 milligrams
Protein: 26 grams
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of the National Pork Board.