- Boiling water
- 3/4 cup bulgur
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped seeded tomatoes
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions and tops
- 3/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint
- 1/3 - 2/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 - 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour boiling water over bulgur to cover; let stand 15 minutes or until bulgur is tender but slightly chewy. Drain well.
- Mix bulgur, tomatoes, green onions, parsley, and mint; stir in yogurt, lemon juice, and oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours for flavors to blend.
Always a favorite – this tabbouleh version includes finely chopped mint, as well as parsley.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 8 Servings (about 1/2 cup each)
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 17 milligrams
Cholesterol: 0.2 milligrams
Protein: 2.9 grams
Carbohydrates: 14 grams
1/2 Vegetable, 1/2 Bread/Starch, 1/2 Fat
Source: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes