- Boiling water
- 3/4 cup bulgur
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped seeded tomatoes
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions and tops
- 3/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint
- 1/3 - 2/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 - 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour boiling water over bulgur to cover; let stand 15 minutes or until bulgur is tender but slightly chewy. Drain well.
- Mix bulgur, tomatoes, green onions, parsley, and mint; stir in yogurt, lemon juice, and oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours for flavors to blend.
Always a favorite – this tabbouleh version includes finely chopped mint, as well as parsley.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 8 Servings (about 1/2 cup each)
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 17 milligrams
Cholesterol: 0.2 milligrams
Protein: 2.9 grams
Carbohydrates: 14 grams
1/2 Vegetable, 1/2 Bread/Starch, 1/2 Fat
Source: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.