- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1-1/2 Tbsp garlic, mashed (about 3 cloves)
- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup golden seedless raisins
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or substitute 1 tsp dried coriander)
- 1 Tbsp capers, drained
- 2 Tbsp green olives, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the onion, bell peppers, and garlic, and saute until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, and stir fry for another 5–10 minutes until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Add the tomato sauce, chicken broth, lemon juice, cumin, bay leaves, water, and raisins to the vegetables and chicken.
- Cover the pan, and reduce the heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves, and garnish with fresh cilantro, capers, and green olives, and serve.
This zesty one-pot meal is easy to throw together on a busy weeknight
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings.Serving size: 3/4 cup chicken and vegetables
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 133 milligrams
Cholesterol: 46 milligrams
Protein: 18 grams
Carbohydrates: 13 grams
Source: Deliciously Healthy Dinners