- 4 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 cup canned small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tbsp. chopped Kalamata olives
- 2 Tbsp. minced chives
- 1 tsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 Boston lettuce leaves
- 8 slices seedless cucumber, cut diagonally
- 1 large tomato, cut in 8 wedges
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- In a mixing bowl, coarsely chop the eggs. Add the beans. Spread the olives on a paper towel and blot well, then add them to the salad. Add the chives, mustard, hot sauce and 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper. Using a fork, mix until salad is well combined.
- Arrange 2 lettuce leaves on each of 4 salad plates. Mound one-fourth of the egg salad in the center of each plate.
- Place the cucumber and tomatoes in a mixing bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice with 1/4 teaspoon salt until the salt dissolves, then whisk in the oil. Add pepper to taste. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss to coat. Arrange 2 cucumber slices and 2 tomato wedges on each plate around the salad. Serve immediately.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 servings 2-1/2 cups egg salad mixture.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 266 milligrams
Protein: 10 grams
Carbohydrates: 14 grams
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.