- 4 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 cup canned small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tbsp. chopped Kalamata olives
- 2 Tbsp. minced chives
- 1 tsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 Boston lettuce leaves
- 8 slices seedless cucumber, cut diagonally
- 1 large tomato, cut in 8 wedges
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- In a mixing bowl, coarsely chop the eggs. Add the beans. Spread the olives on a paper towel and blot well, then add them to the salad. Add the chives, mustard, hot sauce and 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper. Using a fork, mix until salad is well combined.
- Arrange 2 lettuce leaves on each of 4 salad plates. Mound one-fourth of the egg salad in the center of each plate.
- Place the cucumber and tomatoes in a mixing bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice with 1/4 teaspoon salt until the salt dissolves, then whisk in the oil. Add pepper to taste. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss to coat. Arrange 2 cucumber slices and 2 tomato wedges on each plate around the salad. Serve immediately.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 servings 2-1/2 cups egg salad mixture.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 266 milligrams
Protein: 10 grams
Carbohydrates: 14 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.