- 8 ounces uncooked broad egg noodles
- 3 large eggs, beaten, or 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 cup low-fat small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large tart apple, peeled, cored, and diced in 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup raisins, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes and drained
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions, omitting salt; drain well. There should be 4 cups of cooked noodles.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare an 8-inch-square pan with non-stick pan spray.
- Combine the eggs, cottage cheese, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in the noodles, apple, and raisins. Pour into the prepared dish.
- Drizzle the margarine evenly over the top of the casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 to 55 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cut the kugel into 12 equal pieces (about 2 x 2 inches). Serve hot or chilled.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 12 Servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 122 milligrams
Cholesterol: 71 milligrams
Protein: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 20 grams
Sugars: 6 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1-1/2 Starch, 1 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.