- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground turkey breast
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1-1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp fennel seed, crushed
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp water
- 8 small Kaiser rolls
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, ground turkey, bread crumbs, milk, oregano, fennel, garlic powder and crushed red pepper. Mix well. Shape mixture into 8 patties, 1/2 inch thick.
- Spray large non-stick skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Heat over medium heat until hot. Add onion, bell pepper and water; cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove veggies from skillet and cover to keep warm.
- Wipe skillet clean and spray again with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat until hot. Add patties and cook for about 12 minutes or until there is no pink in the center. Serve patties and veggies on Kaiser rolls. Top with barbecue sauce if you want, and serve with a football game.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 8
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 10 grams
Sodium: 320 milligrams
Cholesterol: 55 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 28 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
2 Starch; 2-1/2 Lean Meat