- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (3 oz each)
- 1 egg white (or substitute liquid egg white)
- 1 C fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 C breadcrumbs
- 1/4 C rolled oats, crushed; pulse a few times in the food processor or crush between fingers to make smaller pieces
- 1 C whole-wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 C red leaf lettuce, rinsed and dried
- 1 C cherry tomatoes, rinsed and halved
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place chicken in a freezer bag with the air squeezed out, and pound each breast down to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Combine the egg white and evaporated milk in a bowl, and mix well. In a separate bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and crushed oats, and mix well.
- Coat the chicken breasts in flour, and shake off the excess. Dip the chicken breasts in the egg and milk mixture, and drain off the excess. Then dip the chicken breasts in the breadcrumb mixture to coat, and shake off the excess. After all chicken breasts have been coated, discard any leftover breading mixture.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan. Stir fry the chicken over medium-high heat on one side until golden brown, about 2–3 minutes. Turn carefully, and pan fry the second side for an additional 2–3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the pan, and place on paper towels to soak up excess oil. Place on baking sheet, and finish cooking in a 350F oven for about 5–8 minutes (to a minimum internal temperature of 165F).
- For the salad, combine lemon juice and olive oil, and mix well to make a dressing. Toss the lettuce leaves and cherry tomatoes with the dressing, salt, and pepper.
- Serve 1 cup salad with one piece of chicken.
Content Continues Below ⤵
A healthy way to fry chicken.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings 3 oz chicken breast, 1 cup salad
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 11 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 263 milligrams
Cholesterol: 49 milligrams
Protein: 24 grams
Carbohydrates: 18 grams
Source: Deliciously Healthy Dinners
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.