- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- A pinch dried hot red pepper flakes
- 1 small red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 pounds fresh baby spinach*, rinsed and spun
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, shaking pan here and there, just until edges of garlic are brown.
- Add red bell pepper and cook, tossing or stirring, another minute. Add spinach, raisins and peanuts; using tongs, flip spinach from underneath to over on top to distribute mixture and evenly cook.
- Saute just until wilted and released water has mostly evaporated, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 9 grams
Protein: 9 grams
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
Source: National Peanut Board