- 8 small zucchini
- 4 cups low-fat ham, chopped fine
- 2 eggs or egg substitute, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup low-fat Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- With a sharp knife, cut off the ends of the zucchini and hollow out the inside, removing the pulp.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ham, eggs, basil, green pepper and cheese.
- Pack 1/2 cup of this mixture into each zucchini, using fingers or a teaspoon.
- Place the zucchini in a baking dish coated with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Brush the stuffed zucchini with oil.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree F oven for 45 minutes. The zucchini will be fork-tender.
Recipe Yield: Prep Time: 15 Minutes - Cost: $``Servings: 8 - Difficulty Level: 2
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6.6 grams
Sodium: 29 milligrams
Protein: 7 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
3/4 Bread/Starch, 1 Medium-Fat Meat
Source: The Diabetic Newsletter