- 8 small zucchini
- 4 cups low-fat ham, chopped fine
- 2 eggs or egg substitute, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup low-fat Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- With a sharp knife, cut off the ends of the zucchini and hollow out the inside, removing the pulp.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ham, eggs, basil, green pepper and cheese.
- Pack 1/2 cup of this mixture into each zucchini, using fingers or a teaspoon.
- Place the zucchini in a baking dish coated with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Brush the stuffed zucchini with oil.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree F oven for 45 minutes. The zucchini will be fork-tender.
Recipe Yield: Prep Time: 15 Minutes - Cost: $``Servings: 8 - Difficulty Level: 2
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6.6 grams
Sodium: 29 milligrams
Protein: 7 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
3/4 Bread/Starch, 1 Medium-Fat Meat
Source: The Diabetic Newsletter
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.