- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups frozen stir-fry pepper blend
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced gingerroot
- 1-2 jalapeno chilies, finely chopped
- 3 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks in juice, drained, juice reserved
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons curry powder
- 2-3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed, drained
- Cook chicken in oil in large skillet over medium heat until browned, about 8 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- Add pepper blend, garlic, gingerroot, and jalapeno chilies to skillet; saute 5 minutes. Stir in broth, pineapple (reserve juice), sugar, curry powder, vinegar, and chicken; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Heat mixture to boiling. Mix cornstarch and reserved pineapple juice; stir to boiling mixture. Boil, stirring frequently, until mixture is thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in beans; cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes longer.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 Servings (About 1-1/4 cups each)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3.9 grams
Sodium: 537 milligrams
Cholesterol: 48.2 milligrams
Protein: 29.7 grams
Carbohydrates: 35 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Vegetable, 1/2 Fruit, 1 Bread/Starch, 3 Meat
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes For People With Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes For People With Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.