- 6 slices raisin bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-3/4 cup nonfat skim milk
- 3 whole eggs + 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup fat-reduced peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp grated orange peel OR
- 1/4 tsp dried orange peel
- Spray a 9-inch baking pan or dish with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Add bread cubes to dish and set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in blender container and process until smooth.
- Pour mixture evenly over bread cubes in baking dish, saturating bread cubes.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Remove cover and bake about 35 minutes, or until lightly browned and puffed.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 9 grams
Sodium: 262 miligrams
Cholesterol: 91 miligrams
Protein: 11 grams
Carbohydrates: 24 grams
Diabetic Exchanges1-1/2 Bread/Starch; 1 Lean Meat; 1-1/2 Fats
Source: Cinnamon Hearts