- 8 ounces Dreamfields Penne Rigate (3 cups uncooked)
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots
- 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas, about 12 ounces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 ounces fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup white cooking wine
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups baby arugula (or spinach)
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Add carrots and snap peas and cook for 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon. Add pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package directions.
- Over medium-high heat in a large skillet, heat oil. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add carrots, snap peas, salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Add shrimp and wine and cook until wine has evaporated. Add cream and lemon juice, reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss together hot pasta with shrimp and vegetable mixture, arugula and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories from fat: 65
Fat: 11 grams
Saturated Fat: 4 grams
Fiber: 7 grams
Sodium: 412 milligrams
Cholesterol: 150 milligrams
Protein: 30 grams
Carbohydrates: 0 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.