- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mild or strong honey (optional)
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 3 medium carrots, grated or shredded (1 cup)
- 1/3 cup dark raisins
- Place the mayonnaise in a medium bowl. Slowly add the buttermilk, whisking until well combined. Whisk in the vinegar and honey (if desired).
- Add the rice, carrots, and raisins, and stir to mix well.
- Serve at once, or cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving. Leftover salad will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 76 milligrams
Cholesterol: 4 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 28 grams
Sugars: 13 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Starch, 1 Fruit
Source: The Diabetes Snack, Munch, Nibble, Nosh Book
Book Title: The Diabetes Snack, Munch, Nibble, Nosh Book