- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup low-fat, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons coarse Dijon mustard
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 pound frozen large cooked shrimp, thawed
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley, for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the shallots and garlic and saute for 3 minutes. Add the flour and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the broth and wine and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat. Add the milk and lower the heat to medium-low. Cook until thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the mustard, salt and pepper and cook 1 minute. Add the shrimp and cook 1 minute. Garnish with minced parsley.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 309 milligrams
Cholesterol: 126 milligrams
Protein: 19 grams
Carbohydrates: 11 grams
1/2 Starch, 1/2 Fat Free Milk, 2 Very Lean Meat
Source: Express Lane Diabetic Cooking
Book Title: Express Lane Diabetic Cooking