- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup brown sugar replacement (Sugar Twin Brown)
- 1 teaspoon sugar replacement (Splenda or Sugar Twin)
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup raisins, or finely chopped fresh apple
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest (peel)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly coat an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine margarine, sweeteners and egg. Beat on medium speed 2-3 minutes; scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- In medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Stir in raisins or apples and orange zest. Add to first mixture, alternating with the orange juice, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake 18-20 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack.
A carb-controlled dessert the whole family can enjoy.
Recipe Yield: Yield: Makes 12 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Sodium: 150 milligrams
Cholesterol: 25 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
1 Bread/Starch, 1 Fat
Source: Kansas Wheat Commission