Enjoy the flavors of Autumn with this easy to prepare dish for baked butternut squash. This is also a great side dish for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner.
Recipe Yield: 12
- 2 large butternut squash, about 5 pounds
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon or allspice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Spray oil, as needed to lightly coat baking sheet
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- If not already prepared, remove seeds from squash and cut into lengthwise quarters or into large cubes.
- Place squash onto baking sheet that has been lightly coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon or allspice, salt and pepper. Mist squash with water or cooking spray and dust each with mixed spices.
- Bake squash 30-40 minutes until tender.
- Serve one wedge or 1/2 cup(4 ounces) cubed squash.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 5 grams
Sodium: 150 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 16 grams
Sugars: 3 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.