- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 carton (10 oz) white button mushrooms, rinsed and quartered
- 1 C leeks, split into quarters, then sliced into small squares and rinsed well
- 1 C potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 C celery, rinsed and diced
- 1 C pearl onions, raw or frozen
- 3 C low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb skinless chicken legs or thighs (4 whole legs, split, or 8 thighs)
- 2 Tbsp each fresh herbs (such as parsley and chives), rinsed, dried, and minced (or 2 tsp dried)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat olive oil in a medium-sized heavy-bottom roasting or braising pan (a large saute pan with a metal handle will work as well).
- Add mushrooms to pan, and cook until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes. Add leeks, potatoes, celery, and pearl onions, and continue to cook until the vegetables become soft, about 3-5 additional minutes.
- Add chicken broth to the pan, and bring to a boil. Add chicken legs to the pan, cover, and place in the heated oven for about 20 minutes or until the chicken legs are tender when pierced with a fork (to a minimum internal temperature of 165F).
- When chicken legs are tender, remove legs from the pan, return the pan to the stovetop, and bring the liquid to a boil. Add herbs and lemon juice.
- In a bowl, mix the cornstarch with the sour cream, and add to the pan. Bring back to a boil and then remove from the heat.
- Season with salt and pepper, and pour 1 cup of vegetables and sauce over chicken.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings Serving size: 1 chicken leg, 1 C vegetables and sauce
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 9 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 430 milligrams
Cholesterol: 42 milligrams
Protein: 20 grams
Carbohydrates: 24 grams
Source: Deliciously Healthy Dinners