- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons canola or corn oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup fresh or thawed frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare an 8-inch square baking pan with non-stick pan spray.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl; mix to blend. Stir in the orange juice, oil, and egg. Fold in the cranberries, walnuts, and orange zest.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the top is firm and an inserted toothpick or knife comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Before serving, sift powdered sugar on top of the cake and cut it into nine 2-1/2 inch squares.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 1 Cake (9 Servings)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 16 grams
Sodium: 218 milligrams
Cholesterol: 24 milligrams
Protein: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 35 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
2-1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 2-1/2 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes