- 1 (4-1/2 ounce) package reduced-fat refrigerator buttermilk biscuits
- 1-1/2 tablespoon low-sodium or regular tomato sauce
- Scant 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a small baking sheet with nonstick spray coating. Set aside.
- In a custard cup, mix together the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. Set aside.
- Open the biscuit carton and separate the biscuits. Place them on the baking sheet.
- With a small spoon, spread the tomato sauce and seasoning mixture on the biscuits, dividing the mixture evenly. Bake in the center of the oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Serve hot.
- Leftovers will keep 1 to 2 days in the refrigerator, tightly wrapped.
Also: Dietary Fiber: 0 g, Sugars: 1 g
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings; 1 piece per serving
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Sodium: 191 milligrams
Cholesterol: 1 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
Source: The Diabetes Snack, Munch, Nibble, Nosh Book
Book Title: The Diabetes Snack, Munch, Nibble, Nosh Book
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.