- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) tomato wedges, drained, juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 summer squash, sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tomatillos, cut in wedges
- 1 cup sliced jicama
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1-1/2 cups fresh corn, cut from cob
- In large Dutch oven, place oil and heat over medium temperature.
- Add chicken and garlic, turning chicken to brown on all sides, about 3 minutes.
- Add onion and green pepper; cook about 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add tomatillos and chicken broth; bring to a boil and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add corn and liquid from can of tomato wedges. Cover and cook on low heat about 10 minutes.
- Add squash, cumin, salt, pepper and tomato wedges. Cover and cook on low about 5 minutes.
- Add jicama and cilantro and cook 5 minutes more.
- Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.
Recipe Yield: Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 9 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 430 milligrams
Cholesterol: 129 milligrams
Protein: 50 grams
Carbohydrates: 18 grams
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.