- 1/2 cup canned low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup canned low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups fat-free evaporated milk or half-and-half cream
- 1 cup shredded corned beef
- 3/4 up canned sauerkraut
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring beef and chicken broths, celery, onion and green pepper to a boil in a heavy saucepan; reduce heat. Simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the milk. Stir into soup and simmer until soup thickens.
- Add corned beef and sauerkraut; heat through.
- Stir in cheese just until melted. Do not allow to boil; season with pepper.
A popular sandwich inspires a great soup! Start with the convenience of canned broth from your pantry. Then blend in the flavors of canned sauerkraut corned beef onion, bell pepper and celery, and then Swiss cheese to make this soup a family favorite.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 8
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4.5 grams
Saturated Fat: 4.5 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 500 milligrams
Cholesterol: 40 milligrams
Protein: 17 grams
Carbohydrates: 11 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.