- 4 medium to large skinless chicken thighs (1-1/2 pounds)
- One 8-ounce container plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup hot salsa or picante sauce
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Place the chicken in a glass dish. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, salsa, curry powder, and cumin. Pour over the chicken, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Transfer the chicken and sauce to an oven proof dish prepared with nonstick pan spray. Bake, uncovered, 40 to 45 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
Contains 4g sugars.
Recipe Yield: 4 chicken thighs (4 servings)
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Sodium: 139 milligrams
Cholesterol: 73 milligrams
Protein: 22 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
1/2 Starch, 3 Lean Meat
Source: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes