- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, OR 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, OR 1/8 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups new potatoes, unpeeled and cubed
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, cut
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2/3 cup half & half
- Heat oil in Dutch oven.
- Brown pork cubes over medium-high heat.
- Stir in chicken broth, water, onions and seasonings. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes and beans; simmer 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Combine flour and half and half; mix until smooth.
- Gradually stir into stew.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
Warm up after a day outside or make this stew as a great reason to stay in.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 21 grams
Saturated Fat: 8 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 768 milligrams
Cholesterol: 100 milligrams
Protein: 29 grams
Carbohydrates: 19 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of the National Pork Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.