- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, well drained
- 1/4 cup packed chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 slice whole wheat bread, crumbled to make soft crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare a shallow baking dish with olive oil-flavored non stick pan spray.
- Pound the chicken breasts to 1/4-inch thickness. Combine the tomatoes, basil, and garlic in a small bowl. Spread the tomato mixture evenly over the chicken breasts; roll up and place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- Combine the oil, pepper, and paprika in a small bowl; brush evenly over the chicken rolls. Sprinkle with the bread crumbs. Press the crumbs onto the chicken rolls so they adhere.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and the crumbs are browned.
Serving size is 1 stuffed chicken breast half. Contains 1g Dietary Fiber and 1 g Sugars.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 4
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Sodium: 118 milligrams
Cholesterol: 69 milligrams
Protein: 26 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
1/2 Starch, 4 Very Lean Meat, 1/2 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.