- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, well drained
- 1/4 cup packed chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 slice whole wheat bread, crumbled to make soft crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare a shallow baking dish with olive oil-flavored non stick pan spray.
- Pound the chicken breasts to 1/4-inch thickness. Combine the tomatoes, basil, and garlic in a small bowl. Spread the tomato mixture evenly over the chicken breasts; roll up and place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- Combine the oil, pepper, and paprika in a small bowl; brush evenly over the chicken rolls. Sprinkle with the bread crumbs. Press the crumbs onto the chicken rolls so they adhere.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and the crumbs are browned.
Serving size is 1 stuffed chicken breast half. Contains 1g Dietary Fiber and 1 g Sugars.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 4
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Sodium: 118 milligrams
Cholesterol: 69 milligrams
Protein: 26 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
1/2 Starch, 4 Very Lean Meat, 1/2 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes