- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cups sliced white mushrooms (8 ounces)
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut in thin strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill, or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Melt the margarine in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Saute the mushrooms, pepper strips, and garlic until the mushrooms are tender and the liquid has evaporated, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in the mustard, dill, and ground pepper; toss to coat. Heat through.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 4 (1 Serving = 1/2 cup)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 66 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes