- 4 ounces vegetale elbow or shell macaroni
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to Taste
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook macaroni until al dente, being careful not to overcook. Drain and rinse under cold water. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan or casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large non-stick skillet, cook turkey, onion and garlic until meat is browned. Drain off fat. Stir in macaroni, tomato sauce, thyme, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Spoon into casserole dish and top with cheese. Bake 30 minutes.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 4
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 11 grams
Sodium: 253 milligrams
Cholesterol: 40 milligrams
Protein: 17 grams
Carbohydrates: 20 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
2 Meat, 1 Starch/Bread, 1 Vegetable
Source: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Book Title: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.