- 6 cups water
- 2 medium-sized white potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 large tomatoes, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 medium-sized carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 medium-sized zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium-sized green bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium-sized onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a soup pot, combine all the ingredients; mix well and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 1 hour, or until the vegetables are tender.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 10 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fiber: 4 grams
Sodium: 383 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 20 grams
Sugars: 7 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1/2 Starch, 2 Vegetable
Source: Mr. Food Every Day's a Holiday Diabetic Cookbook
Book Title: Mr. Food Every Day's a Holiday Diabetic Cookbook
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.