- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds chicken leg quarters
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine or water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1/4 cup pimento-stuffed green olives, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- In large skillet over medium high-heat, warm 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season leg quarters with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Add leg quarters to pan, skin-side down. Brown chicken, turning once, 8 to 10 minutes per side. Remove chicken to plate and drain off all but 2 tablespoons oil.
- Add eggplant to hot pan and cook, stirring, 5 minutes. Add remaining tablespoon olive oil, along with zucchini, onion and garlic. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Raise heat to high and add white wine to pan, stirring to scrape up any browned bits. Add all other ingredients, except parsley, and place chicken legs in mixture. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes or until cooked through or until an instant read thermometer reads 170F.
- To serve, place some of the eggplant ragout onto plates, top with a leg quarter and sprinkle with parsley.
The word ragout refers to a main dish, French-style stew. It is typically hearty and features well-seasoned meat or fish, often stewed along with vegetables. This is a very flavorful ragout which features chicken, eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes and olives.
Content Continues Below ⤵
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 20 grams
Saturated Fat: 4 grams
Fiber: 6 grams
Sodium: 900 milligrams
Protein: 28 grams
Carbohydrates: 17 grams
Sugars: 8 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.