- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray or line muffin cups with paper liners. Set aside.
- Blend dry ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Blend butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg substitute slowly. Scrape sides and continue to mix until butter forms small lumps. Add vanilla and buttermilk. Mix well. Add dry ingredients in three batches. Mix well and scrape the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Fold blueberries gently into batter. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups, filling cups to the top. Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven 20-25 minutes or until done.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 10 muffins. Serving size: 1 muffin.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 10 grams
Saturated Fat: 6 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 280 milligrams
Cholesterol: 25 milligrams
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 26 grams
Sugars: 2 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.