- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. grated or minced ginger
- 8 oz. sugar snap peas
- 3 baby carrots, cut lengthwise in 8 strips
- 3 Tbsp. chicken or vegetable broth, or water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 large basil leaves, cut crosswise in thin strips
- Heat oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Saute garlic and ginger until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add peas and carrots to the pan, stirring to coat them with oil. Add broth or water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until peas are tender-crisp, about 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix in basil and serve.
Additional Info: 2 g. dietary fiber
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 servings.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Sodium: 109 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of American Institute for Cancer Research.