- 1/2 pound carrots, small
- 1 dash lemon pepper
- 8 ounces asparagus spears, frozen or fresh
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- Wash, trim, and peel small carrots.
- Place carrots in a steamer basket above boiling water.
- Cover and steam about 15 minutes or till crisp- tender.
- Rinse carrots in cold water; drain.
- In the meantime, cook frozen asparagus spears according to package.
- Rinse asparagus in cold water, drain.
- Cover and chill drained carrots and asparagus.
- To serve, arrange carrots and asparagus on a platter.
- Sprinkle with a little lemon juice and lemon pepper.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 6
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Sodium: 19 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Source: The Diabetic Newsletter
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.