- 1-1/2 cup whole wheat flour, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut, unsweetened, shredded
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp honey
- Mix together 1-1/4 cups of flour, coconut, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Combine banana, oil and honey. Stir into flour mixture quickly (gently) until combined. Add part of the remaining 1/4 cup flour if needed. Batter will be lumpy.
- Spread batter evenly in a lightly greased (and/or waxed paper lined) 8x4-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350F about 45 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 min in pan. Turn out of pan, cool completely on rack. Wrap in waxed paper and store overnight before slicing.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 14
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 16 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Starch/bread, 1 Fat