- 5 ounces frozen green peas, thawed and drained, OR any other quick-cooking vegetable (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms (about 2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine (regular or nonalcoholic)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons finely snipped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked couscous
- In a medium nonstick saucepan, saute peas, onion, mushrooms, wine, and garlic over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in parsley, basil, and pepper. Remove from heat. Meanwhile, prepare couscous using package directions. Stir in together all together in a large serving bowl.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 5
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Sodium: 5 milligrams
Protein: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 16 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1/2 Bread/Starch, 1-1/2 Vegetable
Source: The New American Heart Association Cookbook
Book Title: The New American Heart Association Cookbook
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.