Making a homemade pot roast is easy! With this recipe, you simply season a beef shoulder roast with lemon pepper, garlic and basil for a delicious, comforting meal.
Recipe Yield: 6
- 1 beef shoulder roast (2-1/2 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 pound small red-skinned potatoes, halved
- 1 medium onion, cut into 6 wedges
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basilSeasoning:
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Combine seasoning ingredients; press onto beef pot roast.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Brown pot roast. Pour off drippings.
- Add 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2 hours.
- Add vegetables; continue cooking, covered, 30 to 45 minutes or until pot roast and vegetables are fork-tender.
- Remove pot roast and vegetables; keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking liquid. Stir in cornstarch mixture and 1/2 teaspoon basil. Cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly.
- Carve pot roast.
- Serve with vegetables and sauce.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 11 grams
Unsaturated Fat: 6 grams
Saturated Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: 3.1 grams
Sodium: 278 milligrams
Cholesterol: 90 milligrams
Protein: 36 grams
Carbohydrates: 21 grams