Making a homemade pot roast is easy! With this recipe, you simply season a beef shoulder roast with lemon pepper, garlic and basil for a delicious, comforting meal.
Recipe Yield: 6
- 1 beef shoulder roast (2-1/2 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 pound small red-skinned potatoes, halved
- 1 medium onion, cut into 6 wedges
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basilSeasoning:
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
- Combine seasoning ingredients; press onto beef pot roast.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Brown pot roast. Pour off drippings.
- Add 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2 hours.
- Add vegetables; continue cooking, covered, 30 to 45 minutes or until pot roast and vegetables are fork-tender.
- Remove pot roast and vegetables; keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking liquid. Stir in cornstarch mixture and 1/2 teaspoon basil. Cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly.
- Carve pot roast.
- Serve with vegetables and sauce.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 11 grams
Unsaturated Fat: 6 grams
Saturated Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: 3.1 grams
Sodium: 278 milligrams
Cholesterol: 90 milligrams
Protein: 36 grams
Carbohydrates: 21 grams
Recipe and photo appears courtesy of Cattlemen's Beef Promotion Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.