- 1 pound (4 medium or 3 large) zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 Tablespoon slivered fresh basil leaves (about 12 large leaves)
- Slice the zucchini on the diagonal so that you have longish oval slices about 1/4 inch thick. Slat and place in a colander and let sit 30 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
- Preheat the broiler and place the zucchini on on oiled baking sheet. Brush with the olive oil. Grill about 10 inches from teh heat source for 7 to 12 minutes, until still rbight green around the edges and just barely beginning to brown on top.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with the hot pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste. Chill until shortly before serving. Just before serving, toss with the lemon juice and sprinkle on the basil.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 6
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 2 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
Source: Mediterranean Light
Book Title: Mediterranean Light
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.