- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon low-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1-1/2 cups julienne-cut carrot
- 2 cups fresh snow pea pods or sugar snap peas, OR 1 (6-ounce) package frozen pea pods, thawed and drained
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 2-1/2 cups cubed (3/4-inch), cooked chicken breast
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and sugar, and blend well. Add water and soy sauce, blending until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add carrots and stir to coat. Cover and cook 3 minutes. Add snow pea pods or snap peas, green onions, and gingerroot, and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Stir in chicken and cornstarch mixture. Cook, stirring, until mixture thickens and is thoroughly heated.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings``Serving Size: 1-1/2 cups stir-fry includes 5/8 cup chicken
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Sodium: 211 milligrams
Cholesterol: 63 milligrams
Protein: 28 grams
Carbohydrates: 14 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
4 Very Lean Meat, 1 Vegetable, 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Fat
Source: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Book Title: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.