- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon low-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1-1/2 cups julienne-cut carrot
- 2 cups fresh snow pea pods or sugar snap peas, OR 1 (6-ounce) package frozen pea pods, thawed and drained
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 2-1/2 cups cubed (3/4-inch), cooked chicken breast
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and sugar, and blend well. Add water and soy sauce, blending until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add carrots and stir to coat. Cover and cook 3 minutes. Add snow pea pods or snap peas, green onions, and gingerroot, and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Stir in chicken and cornstarch mixture. Cook, stirring, until mixture thickens and is thoroughly heated.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings``Serving Size: 1-1/2 cups stir-fry includes 5/8 cup chicken
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Sodium: 211 milligrams
Cholesterol: 63 milligrams
Protein: 28 grams
Carbohydrates: 14 grams
4 Very Lean Meat, 1 Vegetable, 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Fat
Source: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Book Title: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals