- 1 pound peeled baby carrots
- 1/4 cup chicken stock, or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley or chives
- In a medium saucepan, cook carrots in boiling salted water for 5 to 7 minutes (start timing when water returns to a boil) or until just tender-crisp; drain and return to saucepan.
- Add stock, butter, brown sugar, lemon juice and rind, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and carrots are nicely glazed.
- Sprinkle with parsley or chives and serve.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 251 milligrams
Cholesterol: 8 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
2 Vegetables, 1/2 Fat
Source: America's Everyday Diabetes Cookbook
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.