- 1 cup deli tabouli (bulgur)
- 1 cup diced, seeded cucumber
- 1 cup diced smoked chicken breast
- 4 medium ripe, firm tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons deli hummus
- Add the cucumber and chicken to the prepared tabouli mixture and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Take each tomato and cut off the top (set aside). Scoop out the pulp and discard. Fill the cavity with the tabouli mixture. Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon olive oil over each tomato and put 1 tablespoon hummus on top of that. Cover the filled tomato with the tomato top and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings Serving Size: 1 tomato, 6 ounces tabouli mixture
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 572 milligrams
Cholesterol: 16 milligrams
Protein: 10 grams
Carbohydrates: 18 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 1 Very Lean Meat, 1/2 Monounsaturated Fat
Source: Express Lane Diabetic Cooking
Book Title: Express Lane Diabetic Cooking
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.