- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh Chinese-style noodles
- 4 quarts boiling water
- 4 Chinese dried black, or shiitake, mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon sesame, or vegetable, oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces beef eye of round steak, fat trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon black bean paste
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- Cook noodles in 4 quarts boiling water until tender, about 2 minutes; drain and reserve. Place dried mushrooms in bowl; pour hot water over to cover. Let stand until mushrooms are soft, about 15 minutes; drain. Slice mushrooms, discarding tough parts.
- Heat oil in wok or skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Stir-fry mushrooms, gingerroot, and garlic 2 minutes. Add beef; stir-fry until beef is cooked, about 5 minutes. Remove from wok.
- Add broccoli and carrots to work; stir-fry until vegetables are crisp-tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from wok.
- Combine 1/3 cup water, sherry, and cornstarch; add to wok and heat to boiling. Boil, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in black bean paste and soy sauce. Return beef and vegetable mixtures to wok; add noodles. Stir-fry over medium heat until hot through, 2 to 3 minutes.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Sodium: 153 milligrams
Cholesterol: 41.2 milligrams
Protein: 22.1 grams
Carbohydrates: 38 grams
1 Vegetable, 2 Bread, 2-1/2 Meat
Content Continues Below ⤵
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes