- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh Chinese-style noodles
- 4 quarts boiling water
- 4 Chinese dried black, or shiitake, mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon sesame, or vegetable, oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces beef eye of round steak, fat trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon black bean paste
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- Cook noodles in 4 quarts boiling water until tender, about 2 minutes; drain and reserve. Place dried mushrooms in bowl; pour hot water over to cover. Let stand until mushrooms are soft, about 15 minutes; drain. Slice mushrooms, discarding tough parts.
- Heat oil in wok or skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Stir-fry mushrooms, gingerroot, and garlic 2 minutes. Add beef; stir-fry until beef is cooked, about 5 minutes. Remove from wok.
- Add broccoli and carrots to work; stir-fry until vegetables are crisp-tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from wok.
- Combine 1/3 cup water, sherry, and cornstarch; add to wok and heat to boiling. Boil, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in black bean paste and soy sauce. Return beef and vegetable mixtures to wok; add noodles. Stir-fry over medium heat until hot through, 2 to 3 minutes.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
Content Continues Below ⤵
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Sodium: 153 milligrams
Cholesterol: 41.2 milligrams
Protein: 22.1 grams
Carbohydrates: 38 grams
1 Vegetable, 2 Bread, 2-1/2 Meat
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.