- 1 pound lean lamb, well trimmed and cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup homemade or canned beef broth
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 medium tomato, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1-1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Heat a large non-stick skillet. Brown the lamb, onion, and garlic in the margarine about 5 minutes. Add the broth, curry powder, salt, ginger, tomato, and flour. Stir to mix well.
- Cover and simmer 30 to 40 minutes, or until the lamb is tender. Stir occasionally and add a little water if the liquid evaporates.
- Toss the grated carrot with the rice in a small non-stick saucepan. Heat through.
- Divide the rice among 4 serving plates; divide the lamb over the rice.
Serving Size is about 3/4 cup lamb plus 1/2 cup rice.
Recipe Yield: Yield: About 3 cups (4 servings)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 10 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Cholesterol: 75 milligrams
Protein: 28 grams
Carbohydrates: 31 grams
Sugars: 4 grams
2 Starch, 3 Lean Meat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.