- 2 cups chilled cooked white rice
- 1 cup chilled cooked wild rice
- 6 ounces smoked mussels or smoked bay scallops
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced yellow or green bell pepper
- 1 cup diced peeled cucumber
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Combine the rices, mussels, peppers, and cucumber in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Toss with the rice mixture. Serve immediately or chill.
- Serve at room temperature.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 cups (8 servings)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 114 milligrams
Cholesterol: 27 milligrams
Protein: 7 grams
Carbohydrates: 22 grams
Sugars: 2 grams
1 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 1 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.