- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 package (0.6 ounces) sugar-free lemon, lime, or orange-flavored gelatin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced, or shredded, cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped red, or green, bell pepper
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- Lettuce leaves
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Prepare gelatin in large bowl according to package directions, adding salt and using reserved pineapple juice as part of the liquid.
- Mix pineapple, cabbage, celery, carrot, bell pepper, and olives into gelatin mixture. Pour into ungreased 13x9-inch baking dish. Refrigerate until firm, 4 to 5 hours.
- Cut salad into squares; arrange on lettuce-lined plates. Top each serving with a tablespoon of mayonnaise.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 12 servings``Serving Size: 1/12 of recipe
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 0.4 grams
Sodium: 265 milligrams
Protein: 1.1 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.