- 3/4 pound green beans, stemmed and halved
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. mint, cut into very thin strips
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest, according to taste
- 1 tsp. minced shallot
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Steam beans 5 minutes or until tender but still crisp.
- While beans cook, in a large mixing bowl, use a fork to combine mustard, lime juice and salt, mixing until creamy. Mix in mint, lemon zest and shallots.
- Drain cooked beans and add to the mustard mixture, stirring to coat them. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature. This dish can be refrigerated for 24 hours. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Frozen whole green beans may be used, although they will be less crisp than fresh ones. For frozen beans, reduce cooking time to 3 minutes.
Provides 3g. dietary fiber.
Recipe Yield: Yield: Makes 4 servings.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Sodium: 391 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of American Institute for Cancer Research.