- Pastry for one-crust pie
- 1-3/4 cups canned pumpkin (or fresh mashed)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cups evaporated skim milk
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup fruit sweetener **
- 2 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
** To make this fruit sweetener, mix together 1/3 cup frozen apple juice concentrate (thawed) and 1/3 cup granulated fructose.
- Heat oven to 350F. Prepare pastry and line 9-inch pan with crust.
- Flute edge of crust. Combine all ingredients in order and beat two minutes on low with electric mixer. Pour mixture into crust and bake for 30-40 minutes or until pie seems set. Cool slightly before serving.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 8
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Sodium: 267 milligrams
Cholesterol: 104 milligrams
Protein: 8 grams
Carbohydrates: 31 grams
1 Fruit; 1 Bread; 1-1/2 Fat
Source: Sweet Inspirations - A Sugar Free Dessert Cookbook
Book Title: Sweet Inspirations - A Sugar Free Dessert Cookbook