- 2 cans (8 oz each) crushed pineapple, packed in juice, drained
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 papaya, peeled and cubed
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp finely minced cilantro
- 1 Tbsp minced red pepper
- 2 whole chicken breasts, boned, skinned, halved (10 oz meat each)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Kiwi slices
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
- In a medium bowl, combine salsa ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat an oven broiler or outdoor grill. Brush the chicken breasts with the olive oil. Grill or broil the chicken about 7 minutes per side or until no pink remains.
- To serve: Place fruit salsa on a plate using a few spoonfuls per person. Top with a cooked chicken breast. Garnish with kiwi slice.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings.``Serving Size: about 4 ounces
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 79 milligrams
Cholesterol: 85 milligrams
Protein: 32 grams
Carbohydrates: 30 grams
Sugars: 25 grams
4 Very Lean Meat; 2 Fruit; 1 Fat
Source: The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible
Book Title: The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.