- 2 sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1-1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions and tops
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry, optional
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) orzo, cooked, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh, or 1 teaspoon dried, rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 teasoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place sun-dried tomatoes in small bowl; pour hot water over to cover. Let tomatoes stand until softened, about 15 minutes; drain and slice.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Saute mushrooms, green onions, and garlic until mushrooms are tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and sherry to skillet; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine orzo and mushroom mixture in bowl; add tomatoes and remaining ingredients and toss.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3.7 grams
Sodium: 72 milligrams
Protein: 5.4 grams
Carbohydrates: 24 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1/2 Vegetable, 1/2 Fruit, 2 Bread, 1/2 Fat
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.