- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 focaccia (Italian flat bread, 10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 2-3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated fat-free Parmesan cheese
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot.
- Cook onions and garlic, covered, over medium heat until wilted, about 5 minutes. Cook, uncovered, over low heat until tender and lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Stir in rosemary and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange onions on focaccia; sprinkle with sun-dried tomatoes and cheeses. Bake at 350 degrees until focaccia is hot and cheese melted, about 15 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3.5 grams
Sodium: 354 milligrams
Cholesterol: 5.2 milligrams
Protein: 5.9 grams
Carbohydrates: 23 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
2 Vegetable, 1 Bread, 1/2 Fat
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes