- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 focaccia (Italian flat bread, 10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 2-3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated fat-free Parmesan cheese
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot.
- Cook onions and garlic, covered, over medium heat until wilted, about 5 minutes. Cook, uncovered, over low heat until tender and lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Stir in rosemary and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange onions on focaccia; sprinkle with sun-dried tomatoes and cheeses. Bake at 350 degrees until focaccia is hot and cheese melted, about 15 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3.5 grams
Sodium: 354 milligrams
Cholesterol: 5.2 milligrams
Protein: 5.9 grams
Carbohydrates: 23 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
2 Vegetable, 1 Bread, 1/2 Fat
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.