- 2 cups each: low-sodium chicken broth & water
- 1/2 cup barley
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 5 ounces frozen peas
- 8 ounces cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- In a covered pan, simmer chicken broth, water, and barley for 30 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery, onion, mushrooms, and pepper. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Add peas, chicken, soup, and milk. Simmer for 5 minutes longer.
Recipe Yield: Prep Time: 25 Minutes - Cost: $``Servings: 8 - Difficulty Level: 2
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 385 milligrams
Cholesterol: 24 milligrams
Protein: 11 grams
Carbohydrates: 23 grams
1 lean meat, 1-1/2 bread
Source: Suzi Castle's Deliciously Healthy Favorite Foods
Book Title: Suzi Castle's Deliciously Healthy Favorite Foods
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.