- 1-1/2 pounds swordfish steaks
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups finely diced mango or peach
- 3/4 cup finely diced red peppers
- 1/2 cup finely diced green peppers
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onions
- 1/4 chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Start barbecue or preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Brush fish with 1 teaspoon of oil on both sides. Barbecue or bake fish for 10 minutes per inch thickness, or until if flakes easily when pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in bowl combine mango, red peppers, green peppers, red onions, coriander, lemon juice, olive oil and garlic; mix thoroughly. Serve over fish.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 Servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 111 milligrams
Cholesterol: 49 milligrams
Protein: 26 grams
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
1/3 Fruit, 1 Vegetable, 3-1/2 Very Lean Meat, 1 Fat
Source: The Best Diabetes Cookbook
Book Title: The Best Diabetes Cookbook
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.