- 1-1/2 pounds swordfish steaks
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups finely diced mango or peach
- 3/4 cup finely diced red peppers
- 1/2 cup finely diced green peppers
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onions
- 1/4 chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Start barbecue or preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Brush fish with 1 teaspoon of oil on both sides. Barbecue or bake fish for 10 minutes per inch thickness, or until if flakes easily when pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in bowl combine mango, red peppers, green peppers, red onions, coriander, lemon juice, olive oil and garlic; mix thoroughly. Serve over fish.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 Servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 111 milligrams
Cholesterol: 49 milligrams
Protein: 26 grams
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
1/3 Fruit, 1 Vegetable, 3-1/2 Very Lean Meat, 1 Fat
Source: The Best Diabetes Cookbook
Book Title: The Best Diabetes Cookbook
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.