- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 strips bacon, diced
- 1 pound mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 5-3/4 cups (46 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 small packet lower-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/4 pounds all-purpose potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Cook onion and bacon in a Dutch oven over medium heat until onion is golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook until liquid evaporates, about 8 minutes. Add flour; cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- Stir broth, water and bouillon granules into saucepan. Add potatoes and sherry; simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Transfer 4 cups of soup mixture to a food processor. Puree and return to pot. Stir in cream. Genly reheat, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle into soup bowls. Garnish with parsley.
Recipe Yield: Prep Time: 15 Minutes - Cost: $``Servings: 6 - Difficulty Level: 2
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 12 grams
Protein: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 22 grams
1-1/2 Starch, 1 Low-Fat Meat, 1 Fat
Source: Family Circle's "All-time Favorite Recipes"
Book Title: Family Circle's "All-time Favorite Recipes"
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.